The mission of the Pratt Public Library is to foster lifelong learning by providing materials and services which will serve the educational, cultural, professional, and recreational needs of the community. Pratt Public Library is committed to supporting a lifelong enjoyment of reading and learning.
The Pratt Public Library is committed to supporting a lifelong enjoyment of reading, learning, and creativity.
In 1897 a ladies’ club, The Coterie, began the first lending library in Pratt. In 1909 they petitioned the City Commission to establish and maintain a public library. On September 14, 1910 the first free public library was dedicated. This library was located in two rooms in the basement of the courthouse. In 1966 the present library was built through a generous donation from Carrie E. Millar, in memory of her husband, William C. Millar.